- The recent £180,000 refurbishment of premises has produced one of the most remarkable English language colleges in the UK, with 13 soundproofed classrooms (several with air conditioning and classroom projectors), a computer suite and self-study rooms, the fastest possible fibre optic internet and WiFi, a very spacious student lounge (with piano, chess tables and tuck shop), a games room with table football, fantastic views from the windows over the city centre, a new student kitchen and our long-established wonderful family atmosphere.
- The college is located in the very centre of Oxford, on the top floor of the central shopping mall, close to all the city attractions and just a few minutes from the bus stops. Despite our central location, the college is very quiet and even in the summer with all the windows open, there is no sound at all from outside.
- OSE is inspected and accredited by the British Council and the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI), which for the past six years has awarded the college the top grade of ‘exceeds expectations’.
- OSE offers a wide range of courses, from English language and associated examinations, to pre-university ‘taster’ summer courses and .
- Since the college’s formation almost 20 years ago it has built an international reputation for academic excellence. There is a well-established team of very experienced and highly qualified teachers, many of whom have worked in the college for 10 years or more; and as a result, no other English language school in Oxford (and quite probably, from many other UK cities) can match our Cambridge exam results, in which they consistently achieve some of the best results in the world. The college also has a reputation for excellence in IELTS. It is the only Oxford testing centre for TOEFL iBT, and an exam centre for Trinity College and BULATS.
At any time we usually have 150 – 200 students registered in the college, from some 35 – 40 different countries